Home Forums TVSF Forum Who's for Slope Soaring

This topic contains 34 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  barry hood 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #300

    Trevor Hornby
    Moderator

    Looks like the wind is right for Butser on Wednesday 17th Jan.

    #301

    Trevor Hornby
    Moderator

    Peter Williams emailed…. 17:01:2018

    Barry and I flew at Butser today, windy and a bit turbulent but not too cold. We both avoided damaging mishaps and got some good flying.

    Please be aware that the all-day parking charge is now £5 and 3 hours is £3. So much for 3% inflation!!!l  Need to check out the revised price of a season ticket.

    Peter

    #324

    John Price
    Participant

    Guys, it was decided at the club meeting last night to put back the SLOPE AEROS COMP one week to Sunday the 18th of March.

    Give me a bell the evening before, after 6pm to find out where it will be.

    John.

    #335

    Trevor Hornby
    Moderator

    Just widening the audience (and using the forum which has been a little quite of late accept for John selling his Phase 6))
    Regards Trev

    Peter Williams wrote: Butser Tuesday (13/3/2018)

    ———————-

    All

    Butser looks promising for Tuesday. Is anyone interested?

    Peter

     

    #337

    John Price
    Participant

    Westerly. Is that suitable for maiden landings of a Sharon?

    #338

    barry hood
    Participant

    I’ve always found landings on the west slope at Butser a bit tricky.

    There’s only a narrow space available between a small group of trees and the bowl.

    Perhaps I’m a bit biased as I can’t make it tomorrow, what do others think ?

    Barry

    #339

    colin hutchinson
    Participant

    Enough space to land two Sharons, but of course it’s John flying them so maybe not!!!

    #340

    John Price
    Participant

    Thanks Barry, at least I got SOME sensible advice! I think I will give it a miss.

    #341

    john skinner
    Participant

    Hi All

    Hope the flying was good today,

    Please keep me posted as I would like to do some sloping through out this year (2018)

    #342

    John Price
    Participant

    Yeah, right. We all know THAT’S never going to happen!! But you might surprise us. One day. Maybe.

    #343

    John Price
    Participant

    Sorry to disappoint the multitude of flyers wanting to aviate tomorrow in the slope aerobatic comp. It will be too effing cold. 1 degree in an 18mph wind, on top of a hill will feel like minus 10.

    If you do go flying, do post on here how you got on,

    John.

    #347

    Trevor Hornby
    Moderator

    duplicate oops

    #359

    Trevor Hornby
    Moderator

    Just a reminder that the slope day out is Thursday 19th of April … I hope you all can make it.

    See you there… weather willing

    Trev

    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Trevor Hornby.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Trevor Hornby.
    #364

    Graham James
    Participant

    Sadly Slope day out is cancelled due to lack of wind.

    Look forward to new date in September.

    #377

    barry hood
    Participant

    Anyone considering flying tomorrow (Thursday) ?

    I’m intending to go to Butser or Whitesheet.

    Final decision to be made later depending on weather forecast.

    Barry

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.